First and foremost I am an American. I am an unmarried, 38 year old, US Navy veteran, lover of dogs and really just your common, everyday dude. I enjoy stimulating conversation on any number of topics. I am not an expert in any one field. I would consider myself an average writer at best. I am pretty well traveled, often get lost in my own thoughts, introverted, introspective and observant. I exercise and try to eat well with varying degrees of success. This is not a political blog, although I am sure politics will come up from time to time. The purpose of this blog is to write about things–all things–from the point of view of the common dude. I will write about current events, travel, women, food, sports, pop culture and who knows what else. Some topics will be heavy. Some will be light.
I am qualified to write on the interests of the common dude because: 1. I am one and 2. After serving in the Navy for over a decade I have met, talked to and often consoled scores of common dudes. You could say I am the “common dude whisperer”.
A few odds and ends about yours truly in no particular order:
- My eyes get watery every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner. Always have. Always will.
- I am a firm believer that words mean absolutely nothing. Action is all that counts.
- I believe that true happiness is only possible when you can share yourself.
- Airport security is a complete cluster f— and a total waste of time.
- I don’t care who or what you want to marry.
- Regardless of who is president, the United States is the greatest country on the planet. In every way and it’s not even close. Travel just a little and you will see that.
- I hate waste–food, water, electricity, potential, etc.
- The far right and the far left are equally bat sh– crazy.
- It is not hard to respect women. Every single woman is someone’s daughter, mom, grandma, sister, wife. When did we forget that?
- Dogs–they can cure a lot.
If you agree with all or most of the above–then congrats. You are a common dude and in for a real treat. Enjoy!